Woom 4: Gear it up!
The woom 4 introduces children aged six years to the world of gear-shifting. The bike’s eight speeds in combination with the easy-to-operate twist shifter expand the bike’s range of use and increase the child’s mobility. Whether they want to ride their bikes into the woods or up hills – the new-found freedom of gears make longer adventures on two wheels child’s play.
- Size: 20″
- Weight: 7,7 kg
- Age: 6 – 8 years
- Height: 115 – 130 cm
- VÄRIT: WOOM RED, WOOM GREEN, SKY BLUE, PURPLE HAZE, SUNNY YELLOW
- Delivery date: 3.2021
The two V-Brakes are easy to operate thanks to their ergonomically adapted brake levers with reach adjustability. The levers require only little strength to bring the bike to a safe halt.
The crank length and distance between the pedals are ergonomically adapted to fit children’s bodies. This results in an optimum stance and very natural movements. And thanks to the chain guard ring those days of getting your trouser leg caught are over!
The superlight aluminium frame is the heart of the bike and ensures a fun and safe riding experience. Its cleverly designed age-specific geometry offers good control over the bike and gives young riders maximum safety while exploring new horizons.
The easy-to-operate SRAM twist shifter enables riders to shift intuitively through the eight gears with minimal hand strength required.
The saddle is one of the most important points of contact between the child and the bike. It significantly affects the feeling when riding. That is why our saddle is designed to fit the pelvis of children in this age group and give them an upright riding position. Perfect for a unique riding experience!
Quick-release seatpost clamp
The quick-release seatpost clamp offers a simple, quick and tool-free way to adjust the saddle height. It’s even easy enough to be operated by children. On your pedals, ready, go!
Tyres have a major influence on how a bike rides. That is why for our bikes we have chosen tyres that can be used for a broad variety of terrain. Whether you child is riding on tarmac, gravel or dirt, our lightweight tyres will ensure maximum grip in any weather and on any surface, whether your child is riding straight or making turns.
Our stem is the safe and lightweight connection between the handlebars and the headset. With our Vario stem the bike can be adjusted not only in height but also in length, meaning it grows with the child and offers an optimal riding position at all times.
The precise and easy-to-use gear-shifting makes riding more fun and enables children to go on longer rides while remaining simple enough for youngsters to understand. The SRAM X4 system has eight gears in the back (11-28) designed for a wide range of gradients combined with a 28-tooth chain ring in the front.
Woom quick-release wheels
Quick-release skewers make installing and removing the wheels from the frame a quick and easy job. Having the wheels out of the frame makes it much easier to transport the bike in a car. And a quick removal and installation of the wheels is also super helpful if you get a flat tyre.
“There is much more to riding a bike than just the fun of taking it for a spin: exploring the world means broadening horizons.”
Woom 4 bike geometry
Woom 4 lastenpyörä specifications
- Frame material: light, high-quality AA 6061 aluminium with butted tubes
- 20″ wheels
- Agile yet easy handling: low entry, very low sitting position and forgiving steering geometry to provide good control and more riding fun
- 8 speeds
- SRAM X4 twist shifter
- SRAM X4 rear derailleur
- Ultralight SOOPA DOOPA HOOPS aluminium rims
- Aluminium hubs with sealed bearings and mount for woom click-on fenders
- Quick-release skewers for easy installation and removal
- 20 lightweight, super strong stainless steel spokes, double-crossed spoking
- Light unicrown fork made out of aluminium
- 1″ shaft
- Generous trail angle for easy handling
- 20 x 1.4″ Schwalbe Little Joe folding tyres – woom edition
- High-quality, lightweight tyres for good shock absorption, low rolling resistance and maximum grip
- Car-type valves for easy filling at any service station
- Reflective stripes on the sides of the tyres for optimal visibility even in low-light conditions
- Fully-integrated 1″ headset
- Sealed industrial bearings
- Integrated ahead clamp
- Lightweight stem made out of forged aluminium
- Adjustable height and reach mean the Vario stem offers an optimal riding position as the child grows.
- Handlebars attached via two clamps and fixed with two 5 mm hex bolts
- Ergonomically designed to fit children’s pelvis
- Side protection to lean against walls
- Wide, ergonomically adapted and lightweight aluminium bars for more control
- Sandblasted and black anodised
- Width: 540 mm
- Anodized aluminium seatpost with minimum insertion mark, plus integrated guide in seat tube
- woom Ergogrip – the smallest grip of its kind
- Ergonomically formed gripping surface, non-toxic
- Handlebar ends with extra large diameter for greater protection
- Screw-in grips for secure attachment to handlebars
- Made from aluminium
- Extra-long quick-release skewer, easy to operate requiring only little strength
- No risk of turning and/or twisting
- Lightweight, forged 110 mm aluminium cranks with narrow tread (Q-factor)
- Narrow-wide chainring with 28 teeth
- Cassette with 11-28 teeth
- Narrow, flat platform plastic pedals
- Sealed cartridge
- Two independently operated V-brakes with braking power adapted for children
- Ergonomically adapted brake lever with reach adjustability
- High-quality Jagwire cables for reduced friction and smooth performance
- woom red, sky blue, woom green, purple haze, sunny yellow
- 5.4 kg
- 70 kg