Woom 1: The first time on two wheels
The woom 1 introduces children to the fun world of cycling. The balance bike is designed to enable toddlers to easily hop on and roll away. Even if a child has only just started to walk, the woom 1 helps them to gain confidence and a sense of balance on two wheels.
- Size: 12″
- Weight: 2.95 kg
- Age: 1.5 – 3.5 years
- Height: 82 – 100 cm
- VÄRI: WOOM RED
- Delivery date: 3.2021
Learning to operate a rear brake as early as possible makes it easier later on to use brakes on a pedal bike and can prevent accidents. Our specially designed brake lever is easy to pull with small hands and requires little strength to bring the bike to a safe halt. This, combined with the ergonomically designed grips, make the process of stopping child’s play.
The superlight aluminium frame is the heart of the balance bike and ensures easy riding fun. The meticulously designed, age-appropriate geometry with its low step-through lets kids hop on and push off safely. Thanks to the long seatpost and open seat tube the bike can be adjusted over a broad range to accommodate your growing child.
The saddle is one of the most important points of contact between the child and the bike. It has a huge effect on the overall feel of the ride. That is why our saddle is designed to be a perfect fit for the pelvis of children in this age group and optimized for an upright riding position. Its scooped design is engineered to ensure continuous optimal support. In short, these features make our saddle the ultimate all-rounder for every position – whether your child is sitting, standing, or cruising at speed.
Woom steering limiter
Our specially developed steering limiter is a vital safety feature. It prevents the handlebars from overturning and helps children ride straight, which reduces the risk of accidents.
Our stem is the safe and lightweight connection between the handlebars and the headset. It has no protruding bolts for children to hit their knees on, making it truly knee-friendly.
Woom low-resistance tyres
Tyres have a major influence on how a bike handles, which is why for the woom 1 we have chosen high-quality, lightweight and grippy tyres with low rolling resistance. This ensures smooth running and good grip whatever the terrain – whether paved, gravel or dirt roads. The reflective stripe on the side of the tyres ensures good visibility even in low-light conditions.
To really get rolling, a balance bike needs really good wheels. And that is exactly what we have given our bikes! What makes a woom wheel so unique is the sum of its parts: from the smooth-rolling hub to the high-quality stainless spokes and our exclusive SOOPA DOOPA HOOPS rim. And the extra narrow rear wheel hub provides generous leg clearance for easy riding.
“Just starting to walk – and already gliding! Balance bikes are a great first step on the way to riding a pedal bike.”
- Frame material: light, high-quality AA 6061 aluminium
- Beginner geometry with 12″ wheels and easy handling: very low entry and very low sitting position, long wheelbase and forgiving steering geometry to provide good balance and more riding fun
- Maximum saddle height adjustability thanks to the open seatpost design
- Ultralight SOOPA DOOPA HOOPS aluminium rims
- Narrow, lightweight aluminium hubs with sealed bearings
- Extra narrow rear wheel hub for easy walking and running
- Installation and removal with 5 mm hex key
- 16 lightweight, super strong stainless steel spokes, straight-laced
- Light unicrown fork made out of aluminium
- 1″ shaft
- Generous trail angle for easy handling
- 12 x 1.35″ Schwalbe G-One Speed
- High-quality, very light tyres for low rolling resistance and maximum grip
- Car-type valves for easy filling at any service station
- Reflective stripes on the sides of the tyres for optimal visibility even in low-light conditions
- Fully-integrated 1″ headset
- Sealed industrial bearings
- Integrated ahead clamp
- To stabilise steering and prevent overturning and falls, a small rubber ring is attached to the fork and frame which helps the child ride in a straight line.
- Superlight stem made out of forged aluminium
- 40 mm / +15°
- “Knee-friendly”: no protruding bolts thanks to the integrated handlebar clamp design
- Handlebars attached to stem with 5 mm hex bolt
- Ergonomically designed to fit children’s pelvis
- Side protection to lean against walls
- Wide, ergonomically adapted and light aluminium bars for more control
- Sandblasted and black anodised
- 19 mm diameter grip, suitable even for very small hands
- Width: 430 mm
- Anodized aluminium seatpost with minimum insertion mark, plus integrated guide in seat tube
- Safety plug at the bottom
- woom Ergogrip – the smallest grip of its kind
- Ergonomically formed gripping surface, non-toxic
- Handlebar ends with extra large diameter for greater protection
- Screw-in grips for secure attachment to handlebars
- Made from aluminium
- No risk of turning and/or twisting
- Mini V-brake with braking power adapted for children
- Ergonomically adapted brake lever with reach adjustability, also suitable to fit very small hands
- High-quality Jagwire cables for reduced friction and smooth performance
- woom red
- 2.95 kg
- 50 kg