Lataa ilmainen sovellus täältä
-laitetta ei voi käyttää ilman sovellusta
Sram Quarq ShockWiz
ShockWiz is a suspension tuning system for air-sprung mountain bikes that combines high-tech hardware with an intuitive smartphone app. Lightweight, durable and powered by a long-lasting coin cell battery, ShockWiz automatically records and evaluates suspension performance every time you ride. The ShockWiz app displays straightforward adjustments that unite bike, terrain and riding style.
ShockWiz works for all mountain bike riders, regardless of their experience or bike’s intended use. It works on hardtail and dual suspension bikes, and for all levels of skill, speed and terrain.
With ShockWiz, you know exactly how your suspension is performing – and how to make it better.
Features & Benefits
- Automated tuning recommendations.
- Shock tuning score — a snapshot of how well your suspension is set up for you.
- Works on hardtail and dual suspension bikes. Works for Cross-Country, Trail, All Mountain and Downhill.
- Inexpensive, replaceable CR2032 battery lasts for months.
- Waterproof and dust proof — IP67 rating.
- Two alternative hoses (included) offer a range of fitting options.
- Smartphone app is compatible with Apple and Android phones.
- ShockWiz is designed for all mountain bike riders, regardless of your experience or bike’s intended use.
- You can tune for every riding style: Efficient (pedaling), Balanced, Playful or Aggressive.
- Advice for air pressure, spring rate, compression and rebound is displayed in the intuitive smartphone app.
- In the box: ShockWiz hardware, two hoses, rubber mounting boot and zip ties.
ShockWiz was a Kickstarter project acquired by SRAM in 2016. SRAM’s data and digital technology brand, Quarq, brought ShockWiz to life. Engineers behind Quarq and RockShox, also part of the SRAM family, worked on the project.
The small, waterproof case houses a highly accurate pressure sensor and microprocessor. You connect it to your fork or shock’s Schrader valve and it samples air pressure 100 times-a-second while you ride. Finely tuned algorithms analyze the changes in pressure to detect undesirable characteristics such as pogo, pack-down or bob, and class their severity. If a characteristic is severe or persistent ShockWiz will determine the adjustment required to fix it – baseline air pressure, air spring ramp, rebound, compression – and display this in the smartphone app.
The engineering principles behind ShockWiz were derived from thousands of hours of laboratory and on-bike tests. The tests verified that suspension displacement could be interpreted from changes in air pressure. ShockWiz’s algorithms came from detailed analysis of suspension data from all types of mountain bikes and terrain, and using a range of riders – from beginners to racers in the Enduro World Series and Mountain Bike World Cup.
Who Is It For?
ShockWiz is designed for all mountain bike riders, regardless of their riding style or how much suspension travel their bike has. It works on hardtail and dual suspension bikes, and for all levels of skill, speed and terrain.
ShockWiz teaches novices basic suspension tuning concepts and adjustments. It shows experts how one adjustment can affect others and helps them learn advanced tuning concepts.
ShockWiz works with most air-sprung suspension forks and rear shocks. The fork or shock must have a positive chamber with a single volume.
The ShockWiz app is compatible with most smartphones and tablets that feature Bluetooth Low Energy (formerly called Bluetooth Smart). Android devices require Jellybean 4.3 or newer and Apple devices require iOS 9 or newer.
PROFILES – CREATION AND USE
Quarq has launched a major upgrade to the free app that pairs with its ShockWiz suspension tuning hardware. You can save profiles of your bike, suspension, terrain and conditions, and automatically add settings, suggestions and a results snapshot.
Forks and rear shocks must be in good working order for ShockWiz to work effectively. This includes cleaning, dust seal lubrication and oil changes as prescribed in the user manual.