Santa Cruz Chameleon 7 AL R Kit 29″, Medium
The fun-loving, shreddy spirit and adjustable Chameleon is a do-it-all hardtail that is as happy making the most of backyard booter (mis)adventures as it is fully-loaded with camp gear and a color-matched dangle mug.
Two bottle cage mounts, including a triple-bolt cargo cage mount under the downtube mean you can escape from the crowds, should you so desire.
The Chameleon changes to suit its environment. Twenty-niner or 27-plus, geared or single-speed, this adaptable hardtail utilizes a suite of simple, swappable dropouts to convert it from aggro trail charger to single-speed racer to husky bikepacking mule, or anything in between.
Depending on setup and skill level, the Chameleon is capable on a wide range of terrain—aggressive trail riding to jump lines to all-around use. Going for maximum speed and rollability? Go 29er. Riding mostly loose terrain? Get some Plus tires that provide traction for days.
The most versatile bike in our range ticks even more boxes.
- Weight: 13.16kg / 29.01lbs
- Fork: FOX Rhythm 34, 120mm, 29″
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM NX Eagle, 12spd
- Shifters: SRAM NX Eagle, 12spd
- Crankset: SRAM NX Eagle 148 DUB, 30t
- Cassette: SRAM PG1230, 12spd, 11-50t
- Chain: SRAM NX Eagle, 12spd
- Brakes: SRAM Guide T
- Brake Rotors: Avid Centerline 180mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 10 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars: Race Face Ride
- Stem: Race Face Ride Stem
- Grips: Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Front Hub: SRAM MTH 716, 15×110, 32h
- Rear Hub: SRAM MTH 746, 12×148, 32h
- Rims: WTB ST i25 TCS 2.0 29″ Rims
- Spokes: Sapim Race
- Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF, 29″x2.3″, 3C EXO TR
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Ardent Race 29″x2.35″, EXO, TR
- Tubes: Stan’s Sealant
- Dropper Post: SDG Tellis
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Race
|Head Tube Angle||67.3°||67.3°||67.3°||67.3°|
|Seat Tube Length||390mm||420mm||450mm||490mm|
|Head Tube Length||100mm||100mm||110mm||120mm|
|Top Tube Length||601mm||626mm||649mm||682mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||72.8°||72.8°||72.8°||72.8°|