Rocky Mountain Altitude C50 29″ 2021, XL
- DESIGNED FOR
- F. TRAVEL
- R. TRAVEL
- WHEEL SIZE
The Altitude will be our key platform for enduro racing and aggressive trail riding.
The goal with the redesign was to create a bike that would be competitive on today’s racetracks while still being a ton of fun for those getting out on weekends. We might not all smash racetracks and stand on podiums like Jesse Melamed, but we can all relate to the feeling of committing to ride a little faster or hitting that feature you usually skip over. The Altitude has everything that you need to take your riding to the next level.
- Frame: SMOOTHWALL™ Carbon. Full Sealed Cartridge Bearings. Press Fit BB92. Internal Cable Routing. 2-Bolt ISCG05 Tabs. RIDE-9™ Adjustable Geometry. 2 Position Axle. SMOOTHWALL™ Carbon Rear Triangle
- Sizes: SM-MD-LG-XL
- Fork: Fox 36 Float EVOL GRIP Performance Series 170 mm | 29 = 44mm Offset
- Front Travel: 170 mm
- Shock: Fox Float DPX2 Performance | Sealed Bearing Eyelet | 25 x 8 mm F Hardware | SM = 210x55mm | MD – LG – XL = 230 x 60 mm | Size-Specific tune in FAQ
- Rear Travel: 160 mm
- Headset: FSA Orbit NO. 57E | 36° x 45° Bearings | 30.2 mm x 41 mm x 7.1 mm Upper | 40 mm x 51.8 mm x 7.5 mm Lower | 1.5″ Crown Race
- Stem: Rocky Mountain 35 AM | 5° Rise | All Sizes = 40m
- Handlebar: Rocky Mountain AM | 780 mm Width | 25 mm Rise | 9° Backsweep | 5° Upsweep | 35 mm Clamp
- Grips: Ergon GE10 EVO Lock On
- Brakes: Shimano XT Trail 4 Piston | Metal Pads | RT66 203 mm Front Rotor | RT66 180 mm Rear Rotor
- Shifters: Shimano SLX
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT
- Cranks & Chainrings: Race Face Aeffect Cinch | 29 = 32T | 24 mm Spindle | 170 mm Crank Length
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano SM-BBMT500
- Cassette: Shimano SLX 10-51T
- Chain: Shimano M7100
- Front Hub: Rocky Mountain Sealed Boost 15 mm
- Rear Hub: DT Swiss 370 Boost 148 mm | RMB Axle | 163 mm x 12 mm x 1.5 mm
- Spokes: DT Swiss Competition 2.0/1.8/2.0
- Rims: WTB ST Light i30 TCS 2.0 Tubeless | Tubeless Ready – Tape | Valves Incl | 32H
- Tires F: Maxxis Assegai 2.5 WT 3C MaxxGrip EXO+ Tubeless Ready // R: Maxxis Minion DHR II 2.4 WT 3C MaxxTerra EXO+ Tubeless Ready
- Seatpost: Race Face Aeffect R Dropper 30.9 mm | Shimano MT500 Remote | XL = 175 mm
- Saddle: WTB Volt Race | Cromoly Rails | 142 mm Width
- Weight: 14.33 KG | Incl. Inner Tubes
The RIDE-9 adjustment system allows riders to quickly fine-tune their geometry and suspension with a pair of Allen keys. Nine configurations are possible thanks to two interlocking chips.
Adjust your RIDE-9 position for geometry before considering suspension effects, or variables like air pressure and shock compression. Make gradual, incremental changes, take notes, and be methodical. Don’t adjust in a hurry before a big ride. Take your time and enjoy the process.
Smoothwall carbon uses one of the world’s most sophisticated carbon processes to deliver industry leading stiffness-to-weight, ride quality, and durability. We eliminate excess resin and fibers by using rigid internal molds instead of traditional air bladders. We then utilize different types of carbon in specific frame areas to maximize stiffness and impact resistance while minimizing overall weight.
Smoothlink suspension is efficient yet supple when you’re on the pedals and across a wide range of gears. It features a controlled end-stroke and a rate-curve that feels more capable than the travel would suggest. This four-bar suspension design philosophy is centred on ride characteristics; each bike platform we develop balances variables like anti-squat, axle path, chain growth, rate curve, anti-rise, etc. to achieve the legendary Rocky Mountain ride feel.
|RC||438 – 448||438 – 448||438 – 448|
- TTH: Top Tube Length – HORZ
- HTA: Head Tube Angle
- HTL: Head Tube length
- STA: Seat Tube Angle – Effective
- STL: Seat Tube length
- RC: Rear Centre
- BBD: Bottom bracket drop
- R: Reach
- S: Stack
- *SH: Standover Height
- WB: Wheelbase
- *We measure Standover Height 200 mm forward from the centre of the bottom bracket. It’s measured this way to provide you with the best possible information when looking at frame geometry.